Monday, July 8, 2013

New Week, New Outlook


                A new week started yesterday, and I started it with a fresh outlook. I went back to church for the first time in awhile. Since I have been home, I have been afraid to find a church. I decided to go with my sister’s family, and I was so happy I did. It was the MOST refreshing way to start a week. I loved being able to let everything go as I worshipped. Why did I let myself wait so long? Before I left for church, I did a wonderful 30 minute cardio workout. What an amazing way to start the day! I was able to work off stress, and I really felt ready to take on the day! I am realizing more and more that I enjoy working out in the mornings. It wakes my body up and helps me prepare mentally for my day. I was also able to spend some time with my mom today…Which seeing as I live with her, you would think that would not be hard to do at all! We are so busy all the time. We rarely find free time to just hang out. We watched Les Mis because she had not seen the movie yet! If you haven’t seen it either, I highly recommend it! I LOVE IT! Granted, as a musician, I love the music. I couldn’t imagine not loving the musical, movie, and soundtrack! I ended my Sunday by doing a short (15 minute) core workout before calling it a night.
                This relaxing and new Sunday really helped me to start the week out with a new outlook. I have certainly been stressed as I hunt for a job, tackle my to-do lists, and balance my personal life. After the church service, I was able to take a breath and allow myself to take in all the wonderful blessings that I receive daily. I tend to forget about all the small things that make my life wonderful. Therefore, today was a much better day! After work, my dad and I went to visit my sister. Seeing my wonderful nieces and nephew were not taken for granted. I see them every other day, and sometimes I definitely take it for granted, but it is the best blessing of all! Watching them grow each day makes me smile, and I love every second of it! Have I gushed about how much I love those kids enough? I have decided to take at least 5 minutes a day to reflect on the small things in my life that could easily be taken for granted. Today, it is my nieces and nephews and the ability to encourage my mom to keep being healthy by a 1.2 mile walk.
                                    


Questions of the Day:
1.       Do you have any small blessings that you take for granted?
2.       What kind of weekend workouts do you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment