Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Taking My Own Life Advice



               I have never been more frustrated. The job hunt can be mentally exhausting! They do not prepare you for that in college. It does become incredibly hard to keep my chin up (although people tell me to at every turn and corner). Today was a rough day…Then, I thought back to my fresh new outlook from Sunday. I was so excited to start the week, and I had to remind myself at the end of the day that I am right where I need to be in life. Does any other recent graduate have this frustration? Is it just me? I truly hope not. Otherwise, I would feel completely crazy! I am lucky to have such a great family and boyfriend. They told me both what I wanted to hear and what I needed to hear. Despite the fact that he is hundreds of miles away right now, the boyfriend was very consoling. (I am totally ready for him to be home!)  After allowing myself to be lazy and mope during the day, I felt like I needed to do something. What can I do to get rid of stress, you ask? I decided to do a workout! I love working out my stress! It gives me this cleansing feeling!
                I decided to do a dance workout! It was incredible! This is a barre workout (dancer workout) that you can do at home. You use a chair as the barre. It felt great on my legs. This workout routine takes you step-by-step through the strength exercises one might see in a dancer’s daily routine. It helps strength, balance, and your core. I felt great afterwards…I have a confession to make along with this wonderful workout, however. As I did this barre workout, I watched Dance Moms! YES, friends! I love Dance Moms! I think that I am in academia all day as an educator, so I love to relax and watch reality television such as Dance Moms. It is definitely a guilty pleasure. I will say this, though; I truly love to watch the girls dance. It was a pretty great ending to a day that I thought would end badly. Visit my Pinterest to check it out!

                At the end of the day, I realized my dream is to rewarding to give up on. I love teaching, and I have never wanted to do anything more! In my workout, I let my bad day go, and I made the decision to keep fighting for what I want. How is that I tell my friends every day to keep their chins up because a better day is right around the corner? I am full of encouraging advice, but I was ready to give up on myself. I have always fought for what I want. I am ready to fight again. My inspirations are the people who pushed me to achieve my degree in education in the first place: my family, my boyfriend, and my peers. 
My wonderful classmates who still inspire me daily!


 Question of the Day:
1. Do you take your own life advice?
2. What are your dreams and goals in life?

No comments:

Post a Comment